POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Tools for converting 3D files... etc... : Tools for converting 3D files... etc... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:30:23 EDT (-0400)
  Tools for converting 3D files... etc...
From: Glenn Bech
Date: 29 Sep 1999 10:21:20
Message: <37f22060@news.povray.org>
Hi !

Im currently using sPatch to model something for my IRTC submission. Im
exporting to .DXF and
then using 3dWin to convert the .DXF file to .udo and .inc, as I want to do
modelling with Moray.

This is not a very good thing to do as my beautifull bicubic_patches are
turned into a mess of a triangle
mesh with LOTS of degenerate triangles (whatever that is, anyone ?)

The worst part about this, is that win3D somehow generates some infinte
objects!!! (991 in my case) that
seriously reduces render time (several hundred percent.)

So, what Im really asking (or complaining) about is ;

1) is there NO way to get my .Pov files converted to .mdl files ?

2) What do you guys do to get around this ? Im sure you dont modell
everything in povray ? or ?

Best wishes, and good luck on the Horror submissions !

Glenn.